Introducing Ruby ShopperEyz
Do you know what is really going on at shelf?
The ‘old way’ had issues with moderator probes taking away from actual experience. The ‘newer ways’ can typically lack the ‘explore and understand’ component that marketers also want. Ruby now has a solution that can give you the depth of traditional and the bias free decision making at shelf combined.
What is Ruby ShopperEyz?
A rich, robust qualitative tool for getting closer to the ZMOT (Zero moment of truth) to deepen our shopper insights, behavioural problems and experiences in-store.
ShopperEyz gets our clients closer to the shopper ZMOT. Using behavioural science and the latest in wearable tech for a more accurate, realistic shop along experience. The method allows us to blend the best of both the ‘old’ and the ‘new’. Blends this with deep qualitative exploration and behavioural science to not only observe the ‘in the moment’ latent behaviours in and around the store and the shelf. But to understand them as well…unlocking better shopper insight for our clients
How does it work?
Provides an eye-level view of the shopper journey as they navigate the store layout. Capturing route, looks to signage, and glances and attention capture driven by disruption –as they traverse in-store for their product of choice
At shelf we capture the natural ‘zoom’ behaviours as shoppers scan, stop and lean in to read and review packaging. Providing a lens to further explore and understand behaviour at the shelf
All footage is supplemented with audio where the of shopper exploration and decision making. Usually very naturally as they tend to forget ‘anyone is listening’ as they are in their own world.
‘Watch Back’ approaches allow us to review with the shopper to explore and discuss the latent behaviours they are not even be aware off themselves. This method benefits from tight briefs and clear shopper missions.
Typical ShopperEyz uses:
- A standalone mission with a follow up interview
- Bundled with an online community forum, post shop online discussion and exploration with our specialist team of consultants
- Homework task for groups or workshops. After the shop, consumers transfer footage to Ruby Cha Cha for analysis to inform further exploration of key themes in groups or workshops
Respondents are comfortable using this tech because :
- Are briefed fully and supplied with Ruby ShopperEyz tech, usage instructions
- They simply activate the tech as they undertake and negotiate their shopping mission –talking us through their experiences as they go (unaccompanied)
- We provide ‘helpline’ to ensure everything runs smoothly
How is Ruby ShopperEyz different to Eye Tracking?
Ruby ShopperEyz does not capture quantitative eye tracking data (we have another product Ruby Eyetrack) for that. However this is much more expensive to deliver and the outputs are more quantitative in nature.
ShopperEzy Insights Benefits
- Paint a rich and compelling retailer/trade story to get your product on shelf (or keep it there!) –where you want it
- Inform pack design and range optimisation to drive standout and purchase. Understand the decision hierarchy in store and how we can influence it
- Explore in-store activation and POS opportunities to drive traffic and prompt purchase
- Understand current planograms and challenges/opportunities for emergent
- Improve in-store navigation cues and signage